6.18.2012

ONE OF THE NEW SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD


Pinakamamahal na pamilya,
     Wow, I can't believe Kels is married. That's crazy. But she looks way pretty, and I'm super happy for her. If you see her or her family, tell her that for me:)
     So this week was quite the treat for our zone here in Puerto Princesa. President Stucki flew all of the couple missionaries out from our mission for a few days. The day that they got here they put together a fireside Thursday night for all the members and investigators that could make it. We watched a church film "Only a Stonecutter" or something like that, that was really good. Then one spouse from each couple shared their conversion story. Out of all them that shared, only one of them was born into the church. And there were just some of the neatest stories. There's just really a special spirit that comes when converts get an opportunity to share their conversion stories. And it was just really powerful. I love it because there are not two conversion stories that are the same. Each is so personal and so neat. So we were lucky to be there for that neat fireside.
     Then the couples all got to go to the underground river the next day. I don't know if I've told you about that yet, but it's a BIG deal here in Palawan. It just recently got announced as one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, and that's the biggest reason that foreigners come to Palawan. And it just happens to be in our area too:), but the only way that we can go is if our zone reaches like 75% of our standard of excellence or something which I don't think is happening anytime soon. So that's just something we'll have to go to when we come back, huh?:) It's in my area but two hours away from the parts that we are working in each day. Our area is huge!
     So as far as work this week, not a lot changed. We're finding new less active members, and through that, we've found some new investigators as well. We had a lot of less active members say they would come back to church yesterday, but... that didn't happen. You know why? Well yesterday was my first time experiencing the day of a... Mani Pacquio (sp?) fight. I'm sure my brothers have heard of him. He's the world’s best boxer, and he's Filipino and a HUGE deal here. So yeah needless to say there were a lot missing at church yesterday. But what can ya do. We'll just have to see what next Sunday brings.
     We have this new older couple we've been teaching, the Bombase family, and when we taught them yesterday, sister expressed how she felt something different when we first taught her and how she believes everything that we've taught her. We tried giving her a baptismal date, but she said she wants to go to church first. She said that the reason she didn't yesterday is because she had no skirt, and she was embarrassed. But she said she's going to buy one Friday so she can come this next week. I'm excited about them. Her husband is old and kind of seems like he doesn't understand everything, but he's super nice and will do what his wife does. haha.
     The Peanar family are still just slowly moving along. Maryjane's husband did come to church yesterday, so that was really neat seeing them all together as a whole family! So they're coming. The Lord just likes testing my patience, I guess.
     Then we also had another family, the Bedonia family which is a mom and a dad and their cutest little girl Daniella. She's eight, and she's adorable. She loves the Book of Mormon and wants to get baptized. One time when we came, she was so excited to tell us she memorized a scripture. I'll include a picture of her. She's in the peach dress:) I just love her! So yeah that's just a little of what is going on in our area.
     Then earlier today Janeth took us to a couple of neat places in Santa Monica. One was at the top of this mountain where we could overlook our huge area and see the ocean, and it was really pretty. Then another place they had all this homemade bread, and I got banana bread!!! I was so stoked! I'm not going to lie; I miss American food! As much as I love Filipino food, man I can't wait to drink milk again!! haha not complaining, just a comment. So yeah life is great.
     Oh I have a scripture for you all. So in our last zone conference someone (I don't remember who it was) told us to read D&C 31 and substitute my name instead of Thomas. It's a really good chapter! And it also mentions Gabe, Hannah, Cameron, and Aiden:) haha You have to read it.
     So yeah that's about all for today. I hope you all have a great week. It's Independence day here tomorrow, so it will be fun to see what that brings. You all take care. Thanks for the e-mails and the updates. I love you all so much and pray for you always! Tell Grandma Smith that I'm worried about her and will be praying for her!

Mahal ko kayo lahat!
Sister Stromberg

No comments:

Post a Comment