1.21.2013

Magaling talaga ang fasting!!!"

January 13, 2013

Hello po!
     So I have to finish my story that I started last week about Jayson. He was the recent convert that I told you about how his mom just found out she has cancer and that her husband left her and Jayson was left to support her but didn't have a job, and we were prompted to share fasting with him. Well when we saw him Monday night at bishop's house, he came right up to us and said "Sisters!!! Magaling talaga ang fasting!!!" (Fasting is really effective!!!) Then he went on to explain that right after he finished his fast that same night, his mom's husband came back to her and apologized. It was so cool to see his excitement and see the testimony he had just gained of fasting. It was really neat. So yeah cool cool.

     This week we also had interviews with President. I have some exciting news, but you have to wait for next week for that:) We also had a area presidency broadcast to talk about our rescue effort that have happened this past year with helping our less actives come back to activity. We've see a TON of improvement here, but the leaders said the majority of that has come from the missionaries. They really want to get EVERYONE involved in this effort and get the members to do their part. They're really aiming for each active member to rescue one less active member. That was the goal last year, but it didn't really happen so we have another year that we have to make this happen!:) I also ran into my district president from Palawan; he was there at the broadcast! It was so fun seeing him and chatting with him for a bit. Other than that it was just a normal week.
     We actually had kind of a rough week with the work. We were out tracting all day but just didn't have much luck getting in very many lessons. Everyone was gone when we went to their house. But we were blessed on Sunday with nine investigators at church. One of our investigators right now, James (18 years old), who we found is living with a less active family and years ago used to go to church with them. He almost got baptized before, but he told me yesterday that he was afraid of getting immersed in water. haha. Now he told us yesterday at church that he missed being at the church each week and told one of our ward missionaries that he wants to be baptized. So we're really excited for him! The only problem is he's always at work so we have to find a time to teach him! But I know the Lord will provide time for us to teach him the lessons so he can be baptized. I'm really excited for him.
     This coming Wednesday we get to go out with the missionaries who just entered the MTC and go on splits with them. I'm really excited for that. We get the privileged of doing that often because we're really close to the MTC, but this is the first time this transfer so we'll see how that goes.
     Hhmmmm.... That's about all I have to share today. Sorry if this is short, but nothing too exciting has happened. Oh I got a haircut last week for the first time in a salon because one of the elder’s investigators that I met said she would do it for free. Well when I went there, their investigator wasn't there so another lady cut it... and it's short now:( and they do it really weird here...:( Tell Annette I miss her haircuts, and that's one of the first things I want when I get back!:) Well I hope you all had a great week! Dad, I was thinking the other day, when is registration for fall classes?? Isn't it coming up soon? And how can I apply for a scholarship for spring semester? Okay well I love you all so much, and thanks for everything you do for me!:) Take care always!

Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Stromberg

No comments:

Post a Comment