1.05.2013

Manigong Bagong Taon!! 2013!!

December 30, 2012

     Just as you all mentioned, it was so good talking with all of you on Christmas (or the day after Christmas)! It was a perfect end to a great day! Time is flying by way too fast, and I can't believe that 2013 is here! Sister De Leon and I have had a great last week, and everyday we've had not only one ward missionary join us for work but anywhere between 3-7 ward missionaries at one time come with us to work. It's been great! Too bad I know it won't be like that after the holiday because they all have work. But we've sure been enjoying it while we can. Once again this week we've really been focusing on finding new investigators. Not a lot has changed from what I told you last week. But we did find some real interesting ones this week:) haha.
     One day the office sent us three referrals, and we were so excited about contacting those we went to one that same night. We didn’t know what we were in for. We met him, and he was actually drunk (I didn't know that at first), and he's a Muslim who started speaking Arabic to us because he told us that's the language that Jesus Christ spoke and we all need to learn it. Yeah I can't really remember all of what he told us, but we, of course, couldn't teach him while he was drunk, so we will meet with him again this week.
     Another one of the referrals, Ed was very excited that we came to visit and lined us out that he wanted us to set a schedule with him when we could come back. He wanted to read our pamphlet first and then discuss it next time, and he just had all these things he wanted to do. But we're really excited because he's actually been to the temple before and has a close friend that's a member and says he wants to find the truth. He's already texted us twice this past couple days with questions for us. One being if it says in the bible that we should only have one wife, why does Joseph Smith have so many wives? Yeah so you can see what kind of an investigator Brother Ed is--very smart, and he really knows the Bible well.
     Then we have others as well we'll visit again this week. We found two that we actually were able to extend a baptismal date to on the very first lesson which we were really excited about that! They didn't make it to church yesterday, but we'll go back to them tomorrow. Oh and then our one progressing investigator, Christian, he worked with us probably three or four times this last week which was awesome because he got to hear a lot of lessons and got a good review on the restoration a few times. We were walking to an appointment, and he came up to me and said "Sister... When is my baptism?" It was so cute. We have been planning for Jan 26th, but the last two weeks he didn't come to church. So my reply to him was, "When are you coming to church?" He then told me that he was going to on Sunday, and starting now he wouldn't miss... and so yep he came yesterday, and he'll be getting baptized on Jan. 26th:) He's a stud.
     Oh and speaking of studs, we were at the temple this last Saturday because Sister De Leon was getting sealed with her family (It actually didn't end up happening, long story.), but while we were there, it was the temple tour for the province areas, and so to my surprise I got to see all my Noveleta friends--which included JohnMark who is now a member!! YAY! He looked so good. He had cut his hair like a missionary and just had that light in his eyes, and it made me so happy! I also saw Tessie who ran up to me and gave me a big hug and said she'll be getting baptized the second week in January and is so excited. Then our Santos family that we found at the graveyard also came, and they've been going to church consecutively. Man, I was just so happy to see all of them, even Sister Richardson and Brother Wilmar and Joyce, and yeah it was a great little reunion.     
    But I can't really think of anything else to tell ya this week. I told you pretty much all on the phone I think. But yeah, I love you all so much and wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope you all have a great day, and I too will be making some goals tomorrow. President e-mailed us and said that's what we will be discussing this next interview coming up in a couple of weeks. Well I love you all! Thanks for your love and support and all that you do!
 
Mahal ko po kayo na SOBRA!!!
Sister Stromberg

No comments:

Post a Comment