7.30.2012

ONE MORE TRANSFER OR ONE MORE WEEK?!?

Magandang Umaga family:)
     So this last week we were blessed to have interviews with President Stucki again. It is so good to have a little time to just sit and talk with President, even if it's not very long. He's such a humble, loving man, and I'm learning a lot from him. This time for interviews we shared something that we've learned lately in our personal studies, and it was fun sharing with him and then hearing what he had to share. Then we just kind of chatted a little. I was telling him how much I love my area and how the people here in Palawan are SO receptive to the gospel, and everyone wants to hear our message. Then after I told him that and more, he said, "Well, Sister, I'm not sure how much longer the Lord will let you stay here." Ah man!! I don't know if that means I get one more transfer or one more week... I guess we'll just have to wait and see. It will be SUPER hard to leave my branch and investigators here, but then again it will be good to help others here in the Philippines. SO we'll just have to wait a week to see what the Lord has in store for me. But it is really weird thinking about leaving this beautiful island! The time I've had here has gone by SO fast!

     This week was a really good one. We had a dinner appointment almost every night which is very rare here in our area. But one of our less active families that we've just gotten really close to wanted to make us dinner. Then Nanay Padrigo who is also less active and who we've been working with for awhile, it was her birthday so she made a bunch of food, and it was so much fun. She's a little ornery bugger sometimes but also is just so fun, and when you get her laughing, she is just so funny. I just love her:) We also brought some members with us to the birthday dinner, and you could tell that she really enjoyed seeing them.
     Then I had a really neat experience yesterday. So Sundays we always have to go on splits because we have a million and one appointments we have to try and make it to. It's hard because a lot of families are only home on Sunday, and we want to try and teach them when they're complete. Anyway I was trying to decide who to go to because I knew we wouldn't make it to probably half of the people we planned for, and I was having a tough time deciding who should be priority. Then the thought came to my mind that I should go to Tatay and Nanay Bombase which is funny because I asked their son just the day before when Nanay would get back from Manila. He said not till Monday, but I just felt that I needed to go there even if it was just Tatay. Well turns out Nanay had gotten back Thursday, and after we were in the middle of the lesson, she said that she had prayed earlier today that the sisters would make it to their house. So yeah the spirit is awesome, and it's so neat when you can feel it working through you. What a privilege that is as a missionary! Then as we are teaching them, man, they are just so prepared and excited to get baptized. She has to go back to Manila Aug 20 so she said "Sisters, if you would agree to it, I would really like it if you would come to us twice a week" which made me laugh. Before when we asked when we could come, they said they were only available on Sundays. And now she was asking us if we were willing to come more than once... OF COURSE! haha. So yes, I can tell she's just going to keep progressing, and I'm so excited for them. I'll have to send you a picture of them next week with Sister Stonick's camera.
     I gave my camera to a member of Sister Culango's branch that fixes cameras as her job so we'll see what happens. They have a bunch of good cameras here, so if all else fails, I'll just do that.
     As far as Nic and Maryjane, Maryjane is ready but is waiting for Nic to give up smoking completely, and he has to abstain from that for a month. So their new baptismal date is in September, and I'm sure they'll make this one happen. Man, sometimes this whole baptism thing is a LONG process! haha But hey salvation isn't an easy process! So yeah missionary work is just going, going, going, not a whole lot different is happening right now, but it's still just moving right along. No complaints:)
     We have a couple fun CSP's this week that I'm really excited about. You'll have to wait for next week to hear about them. 
     So I hope you all have a great week. Travel safely to Tennessee, and make sure you tell Cameron his favorite aunt is over in the Philippines and loves him:) Take pictures! Oh and I was thinking earlier today we should all go to San Diego next summer for vacation... (lots of Filipinos there:) ) Well I love you all so much! Thanks for the updates. Gabey and Hannah, I love you and am glad you are having fun this summer! Gabey, of course I know Harry Potter:) Thanks for the little notes! Well, talk to you next week:) LOVE you all!

Mahal ko kayo siyempre,
Sister Stromberg

No comments:

Post a Comment